Software Engineer (PHP)
The Icinga development team is looking for an experienced developer to join us in maintaining and building modules for Icinga.
Icinga is an Open Source software company based in Nuremberg, Germany. We value sharing knowledge and making meaning accessible. Empowering people to take action and become a problem-solver. Our goal is to build and continuously improve our unified Open Source and enterprise-grade monitoring solution to help our users monitor their entire infrastructure.
This means constantly adjusting to new necessities and driving innovation forward. We are well established within the monitoring community and work together with leading companies to learn about today’s challenges in monitoring large and heterogenous infrastructures.
As part of our software development team you will be working with professionals alongside with trainees. You will be a maker and a mentor. You will not only build but shape the future of Icinga.
What you will be Doing
The Icinga development team is looking for an experienced developer to join us in maintaining and building modules for Icinga. Icinga Modules enhance the overall feature set of Icinga by providing special functionalities in the form of extensions to Icinga’s core components. You will be working on the most popular modules for Icinga, such as the Icinga Director, Icinga Business Process Modelling and others.
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- git, GitLab, GitHub
- optional: Go
- Independently design and implement individual subsystems and tests as part of a larger feature or product
- Work independently over the course of a sprint or more
- Collaborate with other development teams, product team and our community
- Ability to identify and communicate cross-team dependencies
- Participate in agile planning and scope estimation
What you bring Along
- Multiple years of PHP development work
- Solid understanding about handling data efficiently
- Solid understanding of how to write solid, maintainable and easy-to-read code
- You enjoy working on complex solutions
- Experience in working together in a team for a larger project
- Knowledge and experience with Icinga Web is a big plus
- Knowledge of or the interest in learning Go code is a big plus
- Experience in using Icinga to monitor servers and applications
- Worked in Open Source before
- Experience with working from remote
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
About the Position
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Location: Remote, within Europe (EU)
- Work from home: optionally
Send us your application documents to
Your PDF may include:
- Covering letter
- References (where applicable)