Successful monitoring is a team sport. With Icinga you have all you need to establish smooth workflows and achieve your goals together.
Icinga supports various authentication methods for the web interface. You can use centralized authentication servers and even combine multiple backends to provide access for your users.
- Active Directory (AD) with multi-domain support and group synchronization
- LDAP authentication with group synchronization
- External authentication over a web server
- Built-in authentication by creating custom users
Role Based Access Control
Managing permissions for many users can become quite complex. Icinga simplifies the process with Role Based Access Control (RBAC), a clean overview over available permissions and extensive possibilities to manage user and group permissions.
- Create roles for different use cases, groups or users
- Manage permissions, refusals and restrictions
- Give permissions to certain hosts or services
- Allow read-only access or grant access to update and roll out new configuration
- Trace user permissions with the built-in User Audit Trail
Notification and Alert Management
Send notifications and alerts to the right people at the right time. With Icinga you can synchronize existing contact details from Active Directory, LDAP or your custom CMDB.
- Receive notifications only for the things that are relevant
- Create rules to decide who should be notified and what they should receive
- Use custom metadata to match your organizational structure
- Create custom time periods for business hours, holidays and other occasions
- Send alerts via Email, Slack, Jira, PagerDuty and many other channels
Icinga allows you to track every change that has been made to its configuration. You can imagine it like the version control system git, but in a web interface.
- See who has made which change at what time
- Compare the changes within a visual diff
- Track deployments of new configurations
- Roll back to any prior version of the configuration
Get Started with Icinga
Get going with your full-stack enterprise-ready monitoring solution. Follow the installation course for a seamless setup with Icinga.
Learn from your peers
Retail giant Magalu intends to be the company that “digitalizes Brazil”. Icinga monitoring is a fundamental support for their ambitious plans.
As an IT service provider, q.beyond rethinks the digitization of SMEs. Icinga is an important building block in their monitoring.