This time last week, we introduced the latest technology preview v0.0.3 of Icinga 2 to a full house at the OSMC. After receiving much positive feedback, it’s now time to download and test our 3rd milestone release.
Much progress has been made since our 2nd milestone in July. This Icinga 2 v0.0.3 release…
- adds IDO connectivity for MySQL databases and use with Icinga Web or Reporting;
- completes status data and external command capabilities for use with Icinga Classic UI;
- introduces basic Livestatus features;
- adds performance data writing for use with graphing addons such as PNP4Nagios, inGraph and Graphite (multiple instances possible!);
- enables clustered Icinga 2 instances for distributed monitoring with SSL communication;
- polishes the configuration migration script for Nagios/Icinga 1.x migration to Icinga 2, and
- adds thorough Icinga 2 documentation on installation and configuration.
All of the above make Icinga 2 v0.0.3 ready for monitoring – indeed with a pretty good track record on our Jenkins test environments. For more details, see the full Icinga 2 change log.
To make life even easier, we also have auto-built Icinga 2 packages for the usual distros and Icinga 2 demo VMs based on Vagrant and Virtualbox. So what are you waiting for? Download Icinga 2 v0.0.3 now, have a play and let us know what you think.