This time last week, we introduced the latest technology preview v0.0.3 of Icinga 2 to a full house at the OSMC. After receiving much positive feedback, itâ€™s now time to download and test our 3rd milestone release.
Much progress has been made since our 2nd milestone in July. This Icinga 2 v0.0.3 releaseâ€¦
- adds IDO connectivity for MySQL databases and use with Icinga Web or Reporting;
- completes status data and external command capabilities for use with Icinga Classic UI;
- introduces basic Livestatus features;
- adds performance data writing for use with graphing addons such as PNP4Nagios, inGraph and Graphite (multiple instances possible!);
- enables clustered Icinga 2 instances for distributed monitoring with SSL communication;
- polishes the configuration migration script for Nagios/Icinga 1.x migration to Icinga 2, and
- adds thorough Icinga 2 documentation on installation and configuration.
All of the above make Icinga 2 v0.0.3 ready for monitoring â€“ indeed with a pretty good track record on our Jenkins test environments. For more details, see the full Icinga 2 change log.
To make life even easier, we also have auto-built Icinga 2 packages for the usual distros andÂ Icinga 2 demo VMsÂ based on Vagrant and Virtualbox. So what are you waiting for? Download Icinga 2 v0.0.3 now, have a play andÂ let us know what you think.