Upgrading Icinga DB¶
Specific version upgrades are described below. Please note that version upgrades are incremental. If you are upgrading across multiple versions, make sure to follow the steps for each of them.
Upgrading to Icinga DB v1.0¶
- You need at least Icinga 2 version 2.13.4 to run Icinga DB v1.0.0.
- For MySQL databases, please apply the
1.0.0.sqlupgrade script. For package installations, you can find this file at
Upgrading to Icinga DB RC2¶
Icinga DB RC2 is a complete rewrite compared to RC1. Because of this, a lot has changed in the Redis and database
schema, which is why they have to be deleted and recreated. The configuration file has changed from
config.yml. Instead of the INI format, we are now using YAML and have introduced more configuration options. We
have also changed the packages of
icingadb-redis, which is why the Redis CLI commands are now prefixed with
instead of just
icinga, i.e. the Redis CLI is now accessed via
Please follow the steps below to upgrade to Icinga DB RC2:
- Stop Icinga 2 and Icinga DB.
- Flush your Redis instances using
icinga-redis-cli flushall(note the
icingaprefix as we did not upgrade
icingadb-redisyet) and stop them afterwards.
- Upgrade Icinga 2 to version 2.13.2 or newer.
- Remove the
icinga-redispackage where installed as it may conflict with
- Install Icinga DB Redis (
icingadb-redis) on your primary Icinga 2 nodes to version 6.2.6 or newer.
- Upgrade Icinga DB to RC2.
- Drop the Icinga DB MySQL database and recreate it using the provided schema.
- Start Icinga DB Redis, Icinga 2 and Icinga DB.