Icinga 1.6 is out now for download! This release is overflowing with useability enhancements in both Icinga New Web and Icinga Classic UI, with an exciting new SLA extension in IDOUtils to boot.
In the Classic UI and Core we have extended logging capabilities for easier troubleshooting, added notifications for stalked hosts and services and improved performance in notification logic. We also are proud to say we’ve added the ability to set acknowledgements with expiry time – an idea that has come off our feedback poll, so keep them coming!
For Icinga Web users, a new, optional SLA extension can be found in the latest IDOUtils. The module breaks down critical events to distinguish downtime and acknowledgement periods, taking SLA reporting to a new level of precision – accessible from the Icinga Web interface. Even better, the related expansion of the underlying database model and IDO2DB logic gives us the foundations we need to move towards comprehensive SLA reporting direct from the database.
Another new feature to check out is the Tackle cronk. This gives an overview of all information related to any monitoring object. Specify a host, and the Tackle cronk will display its related services, host groups, contacts, custom variables, comments, SLA details and so on. The Tackle cronk was designed by admins for admins, and is our preliminary version – so please add to its development with your feedback.
We hope you enjoy Icinga 1.6 and share your thoughts with us on our mailing lists and development tracker. Hailing from the Icinga hack corner of the OSMC, we thank all the testers and contributors to this release!
CHANGE LOG SUMMARY
- Acknowledgements can now expire by providing an end_time through commands #770
- Log error on non-existing host/service/contact/*group when sending a command to the core #1737
- Reduce notification load by moving notification viability check into notification list creation (Opsview Team) #1744
- Add notifications to stalking hosts/services, not only logging/event handlers #1367
- Fix $NOTIFICATIONRECIPIENTS$ macro contains all contacts assigned to host|service, not only notified contacts #2023
- Make first_notification_delay depend on the first !OK hard state change and don’t reset timer for new hard states which would replace it (Rogerio F Cunha) #1918
- Add expiry option and end_time to acknowledgements on cmd.cgi #770
- Acknowledge child hosts from on blocking outages #1858
- Add opt-in extinfo_show_child_hosts to show child hosts in extinfo.cgi #1820
- Add complete command line to config.cgi (cgi.cfg:authorized_for_full_command_resolution) #1329
- Fixed search not returning all results, only first match (without * at the end) (search hosts AND services) #844
- Add SLA monitoring via opt-in enable_sla cfg option #2037
- Add Indices for notification queries for Icinga Web #1964
- Add max_notifications_age, max_contactnotifications_age, max_contactnotificationmethods_age as housekeeping for notification tables #2051
- Show hostgroup membership #999
- Link to show selected host in statusmap #1256
- Function ‘Delete comments’ in icinga-web #1438
- New notification frame #1546
- Add SLA support #1942
- Move information buttons to info view #1944
- Move search to menubar #1951