You might wonder, why there are 3 releases at the same time – the reason is a recently discovered CVE in #3532 which possibly affects all Icinga versions. Since we told you in the past to backport important changes into older versions for easier upgrading, here you are with
- the lost 1.6.2 (includes various other fixes – Changelog)
- the 1.7.4 (cve fix only – Changelog)
- the current tree with 1.8.4 (including fixes from 1.9 devevelopment tree – Changelog)
The releases are available for download on sf.net (1.6.2 1.7.4 1.8.4).
As usual, please report any bugs/feature requests to our dev tracker, as well as join the support channels for questions and discussions.
PS: For those waiting: Icinga Web 1.8.2 will be released soon, some nasty bugs are holding it off.
It may be no 1.7 but we do have a release for you today: Download Icinga Web 1.6.2 from Sourceforge now!
As promised, the web team has resolved a bunch of bugs – some of which have resulted in what can be construed as new “features”. These include:
Tactical header a la Classic UI – the status header now is analogous to the one in Classic UI with critical services categorized as ‘acknowledged’, ‘unacknowledged’ and ‘handled’. The header also loads faster and comes with a refresh button too.
Configuration files in etc/conf.d – the previously scattered configuration files can now all be found in etc/conf.d. See our corresponding wiki article on xml configuration.
Tackle Cronk now “Object Info” – the ‘plugin output’, ‘perf data’ and ‘relations’ components of our Tackle Cronk are now integrated into an extended “Object Info” box.
A few may also be glad to hear that we have resolved PNP integration bugs as well as the missing quick tips for various buttons.
For a complete list see the change log below. As always, we welcome your feedback on our dev tracker and ideas channel.
- Default reporting cronk for admins only
- Disabled tackle per default #2275 (not ready yet)
- LDAP TLS feature #1980
- Logout for HTTP BASIC AUTH #1005
- Cleaner configuration way, more overwrites #2233
- Analogue head summary counts to classic interface #2159, #2328
- Manual refresh counter for head cronks
- New security layer for new api (DOCTRINE filter chain) #2297
- Removed useless SQL counts for views: history, logs, notification
- Fixed old JS objects the JSHINT way (performance, IE compatible)
- Added tackle components for object info #2132
- Some UI enhancements (congruent icons, label and locations) #1558
- More logging, verbose query logging #2277
- New “simple” searchbox #2353
- Show downtime type (fixed, flexible) #2076
- Fixed Auth.Dispatch import group assign #2284
- Auth dispatcher lowercase fix #2080
- PNP integration fixes (typo, js errors)
- Update script fixes #2229
- Removed unique index from email field #2228
- Fix for sending commands to slaves
- Rewritten makefiles for more portable installation #2080
- Removed all spaces from files (mostly cronk images)
- Servertime fix if not logged in #1005
- Automatic width fix for cronks in head bar #2230
- Global search (CTRL+ALT+F) works not on all browsers
- QTIP fixes
- Fixing custom cronk deletion #2155
- Error handling reporting module #2248
- Growl stack IE fix (also new layout and icons support) #2194
- Json error handling if not logged in
- Doctrine connection handling for modules
- Fixes for host comments and object_id for info icons #2225
- Notification view shows random contacts #1987, #2199
- API and authkey access fixes #2305, #2325, #2326