The stable icinga-web release is just around the corner. We present some new features:
- Pending states: shows a special status for checks that have not yet been executed
- Better logging, stricter errors: More about what icinga-web is doing, catch strict errors
- Site configuration: Place your custom configuration into site xml files which are not overwritten
- Comments for hosts and services seamlessly integrated
- PNP4Nagios: integrated on the fly if you want
- Search for objects performs excellently!
- Device icons from the icinga configuration
Stay tuned for more and see you soon at the OSMC!
As our new release gets closer we would like to give you a little sneak preview of our upcoming features for the Classic UI.
The most obvious changes are:
- tooltips for comments in status.cgi – you don’t have to open the host/service anymore to see the comments, just move your mouse over. Nice idea Ricardo 🙂
- multiple delete of comments and downtimes – now you can tick the items you want to delete and click the delete button – just like multiple commands support in status.cgi. Well done Rune&Ricardo!
- csv export on pretty much every page – you can now export various lists and status data directly. There is a small “Export to CSV” link bringing up a page with the current content in csv format. Adding two new config options where you can decide which characters are used for output format completes this nifty enhancement – great job Ricardo!
- commands expander for config display. This will help at $ARGn$ substitution and showing the exact command line the core will attempt to execute. Long awaited feature, big thanks to Jochen Bern!
We hope you like the enhancement & fixes for Icinga Classic UI 1.2 – please help us test for the upcoming release! 🙂