We are looking for an experienced Support Engineer to join us in maintaining and building relationships with our customers.
Icinga is an Open Source software company based in Nuremberg, Germany. We value sharing knowledge and making meaning accessible. Empowering people to take action and become a problem-solver. Our goal is to build and continuously improve our unified Open Source and enterprise-grade monitoring solution to help our users monitor their entire infrastructure.
This means constantly adjusting to new necessities and driving innovation forward. We are well established within the monitoring community and work together with leading companies to learn about today’s challenges in monitoring large and heterogenous infrastructures.
The Icinga team is looking for an experienced Support Engineer to join us in maintaining and building relationships with our customers. As part of our product team you will be working with professionals alongside with trainees. You will be the connector between product, customer and development. Your actions will help our customers to solve their technical difficulties and build a strong relationship with Icinga.
What you will be Doing
Your are focused on building and maintaining a relationship with our customers. You manage queries from Icinga users across the globe and help them with their technical difficulties. You identify technical limitations and communicate continuously with our development team. Additionally, you are a permanent contributor and participator in our community.
- Icinga Stack
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- git, GitLab, GitHub
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone or email, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain relationships with clients
What you Bring Along
- Willingness to learn to master our products and become a trusted advisor to our customers
- Multiple years of experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience in the troubleshooting and debugging process
- Be friendly, patient and customer oriented
- Solid understanding of how to write solid, maintainable and easy-to-read documentation
- Experience in working together in a team for a larger project
- Knowledge and experience with Icinga is a big plus
- Experience in using Icinga to monitor servers and applications
- Worked in Open Source before
- Experience with working from remote
- Familiarity with Linux
About the Position
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Location: Remote, within Europe (EU)
- Work from home: yes
Send us your application documents to
Your PDF may include:
- Covering letter
- References (where applicable)