Icinga Director v1.6.0 Dashboard
Icinga Director v1.6.0 has been released with Multi-Instance Support, Configuration Baskets and improved Health Checks. We’re excited to announce new features that will help you to work more efficiently.
Work with multiple Director- and Icinga Instances
Many Icinga Users operate distinct instances for various reasons. Most of them do so to have distinct environments for testing and production. With v1.6.0 it is now possible to switch between them from a single Web frontend. You can also grant User Roles access do different Director Databases.
Multiple Director Instances
We are pleased to announce the first open source release of our X.509 module for Icinga.
The X.509 module for Icinga keeps track of certificates as they are deployed in a network environment.
It does this by scanning networks for TLS services and collects whatever certificates it finds along the way.
The certificates are verified using its own trust store. (more…)
We are happy to announce a new bugfix release for Icinga Web 2.
Official packages are available on packages.icinga.com. Community repositories might need a while to catch up.
Version 2.6.2 addresses the following topics:
- Database connections to MySQL 8 no longer fail
- LDAP connections now have a timeout configuration which defaults to 5 seconds
- User groups are now correctly loaded for externally authenticated users
- Filters are respected for all links in the host and service group overviews
- Fixed permission problems where host and service actions provided by modules were missing
- Fixed an SQL error in the contact list view when filtering for host groups
- Fixed time zone (DST) detection
- Fixed the contact details view if restrictions are active
- Doc parser and documentation fixes
You can find all issues and features related to this release on our Roadmap.
TL;DR: in case you’re using Custom Variable Overrides (as probably most of you do), then you’ll face a problem with v1.5.0, an upgrade to v1.5.1 is necessary. Sorry for the noise. (more…)
Stability and user experience were the main goals for this release. Please read the full Changelog for all the details and the Upgrading instructions to be on the safe side. Spoiler: as always, upgrade is safe and super easy. (more…)
I’m happy to announce that we released Icinga Web 2.6.0 today! The new version comes with new features that give you a better overview, better auditing and of course bug fixes. (more…)