If fiddling with email to SMS gateways, managing on-call schedules and keeping track of monitoring issues sounds like a nightmare,Â you may be happy to learn that you can outsource it.
A web-based notification management SaaS, PagerDutyÂ offers an all-inclusive solution that provides alerts in all forms, on-call duty scheduling and ticketing. Icinga integration is simple and secure thanks to SSL communication between Icinga and PagerDutyâ€™s cloud servers.
PagerDuty is a fee-based service â€“ good for users who have little hardware onsite or no desire to set up their own SMS infrastructure. For peace of mind they boast 24/7 support as well as distributed and failsafe infrastructure, that is replicated across multiple data centers too.
Requisites: Perl and a relatively up-to-date web browser
- Alerts of all sorts (SMS, email, phone â€“ automatic retries, multiple and international numbers possible) with automated escalation
- User-friendly web interface to manage notification and escalation settings as well as on-call rosters
- Incident tracking for an overview of monitoring issues
- Mobile incident management apps (iOS, Android) to acknowledge, resolve or reassign issues, also with push notifications
- Integration with popular ticketing, chat and other monitoring related systems
Version compatibility:Â Both Icinga 1.x and Icinga 2 integrate into PagerDuty through a plugin – a simple integration guideÂ is provided. A community contributed Puppet moduleÂ and Chef recipe are available.
More info & documentation: www.pagerduty.com