The time has come. After 11 milestones and 19 months, we now presentÂ Icinga 2.0 Beta 1.
Over this time, weâ€™ve been busy coding and testing, recoding and retesting. Weâ€™ve come good on our promises that it will be easier to install, configure, extend and scale.
Even at Beta, Icinga 2 offers:
- Simplified installation with soft link activation of functions such as performance data writers, IDO and logging
- Intuitive configuration thanks to apply and assign rules, custom runtime macros and straightforward host/service dependencies.
- Finer customisation in checks, notifications and events with command objects with conditional behaviours
- Higher performance than its predecessors thanks to its multi-threaded design and many features you’ve always wanted like recurring downtimes and embedded health checks
- Easy extension through multiple back-ends including native Graphite and Livestatus support
- Distributed, high-availability monitoring out-of-the-box thanks to cluster features such as intelligent instances, automated load balancing and replication of both configuration and program states.
So here it is, Icinga 2.0 Beta 1 – built from scratch and ready for you to upgrade to. Download it as a package, test it as a VagrantÂ VM, follow our docs; either way give it a go and share your thoughts with us. The more feedback we get, the closer weâ€™ll head towards a final Icinga 2 release.
Our special thanks goes to CarlosÂ Cesario for his extensive testing, feedback and patches!
PS: Try the cluster Vagrant boxes (requires Vagrant, Virtualbox and Git)
$ git clone git://git.icinga.com/icinga-vagrant.git && cd icinga2x-cluster && ./init.sh && vagrant up
Navigate to http://localhost:8080 and http://localhost:8081Â for Icinga Classic UI, Web 1.x orÂ Web 2 (port depends on Virtualbox)Â credentials. Your feedback isÂ much appreciated!