Things are heating up over here at Icinga â€“ we are now at feature-freeze and Icinga 2 Beta is scheduled for next Tuesday. This is the best time to get your hands dirty with Icinga 2, and share your feedback.
Testâ€¦ what? You ask. Well, maybe start with the basics. Vagrant up a virtual machine or download a package, jump onto our docs and get configuring. Give the following a go:
- Define hosts, services and groups with the new â€œapply” and “assign whereâ€ rules
- Write check, notification and event commands with conditional behaviour arguments
- Apply notifications and importÂ check templates to host and service objects
- Play with runtime macros
- Set recurring downtimes
- Apply dependencies from service to host or vice versa
- TryÂ Livestatus or Graphite natively using icinga2-enable-feature / icinga2-disable-feature tools
Alongside our docs, take a look at our Icinga Template Library (ITL) for templates and command definitions. You will be amazed at how easy and flexible the new Icinga 2 format is.
Find a bug? Let us know on our dev tracker. See something missing from our docs? What the heck, send us a patch.
We have just 6 days to go and anything you can do will help make Icinga 2 Beta just that bit better. Thanks for making our work on Icinga 2 all worthwhile.