Icinga 1.10 is out now to download! This release is filled with usability enhancements in both Classic and Web interfaces, plus performance boosters in Core and IDOUtils.
Icinga Web v1.10 requires IDOUtils from Icinga Core v1.10 due to schema changes in host and service status tables.
Classic UI users can now enjoy clickable filters, the ability to set partial service groups, view custom variables info in the host and status details, and best of all – search with the convenience of regular expressions and see color-coded host, service and host/service group results magically appear as they type.
Icinga Web users can play with a new expand/collapse style menu organised in new categories, send off commands to delete all comments and disable all notifications of multiple instances with expiry. Most importantly, various new ‘problems’ cronk views with color-coded hard and soft state types are also now available (thanks to David Mikulski!).
Finally in the Core and IDOUtils, users in large environments can now add multiple IDO modules and make the most of performance improvements through options to disable status updates on custom variables and trim tables automatically for downtime history.
So, we welcome you to download Icinga 1.10 and give us your feedback. We pay our dues to all those who submitted patches, reported bugs and shared feature ideas – thank you and please continue!
- Allow exclude (!) to work for regexp matches as well #3720
- Added check source to checkresult/status data #4709
- Multiple idomod modules: only first gets data from registered call back functions #4199
- Added manpages from debian upstream #4055
- Added vim highlight script for Icinga syntax #4150
- Added display filter modification for status.cgi #852
- Added live search #1657
- Show custom variables in extended info #4390
- Allow to exclude custom variable name/value based on pattern #4390
- Added option for partial servicegroups #2740
- Show check source in extinfo #4709
- Added a table trimming option for ‘downtime history’ #3989
- Allow to disable custom variable status updates with Dump_customvar_status=0|1 in idomod.cfg #4479
- Added object_id (host, service) to log entries status updates/state changes #4754
- Removed SLA history, timed events functionality #4363 #4482
For the full change log see: Core change log
- Menu categories split and layout changed #4807 #4691
- All problem Cronks for hosts, services and split view #4167
- Instance Cronk made more useful and disable all notifications #3956 #3888
- All comments of a host or service can now be deleted by a command #2636
- All “Problems” Cronks now have the state type available #3529
For the full change log see: Web change log