Icinga 1.2.1 introduces a minor release on our stable branch for 1.2 – future fixes for 1.2 will be released the same way while working on the 1.3 unstable branch.
- detecting the downtimes correctly again (Core)
- scheduling a check for all services on a host (Core)
- snprintf in make on Solarisepn tag (Core)
- ignoring empty definitions correctly (Core)
- closing the database connection correctly on errors (Core)
- html escaping in the newly introduced comment toolstips (Core)
- hide initial state and current state log entries in showlog.cgi. (Core)
- task in Admin panel – directly clearing the cache (Web)
- static urls fix (Web)
- number of items in Postgresql and Oracle fix (Web)
- preventing free edit of language preferences (Web)
- fixed PNP install, epn support, added cgiurl hint to nagios-plugins install (Docs)
- more info on plugin usage (Docs)
Thanks to everyone reporting back on 1.2.0 release! Therefore we decided to put several fixes and also enhancements directly into a 1.2.1 release.
A major fix for Icinga Core is detecting the downtimes correctly again, while scheduling a check for all services on a host works again in the classic UI.
Several combined fixes on the core include snprintf in make on Solaris, epn tag fixes and the fix for ignoring empty definitions correctly, only warn in case. IDOUtils now closes the database connection correctly on errors, preventing too much dead connections on the RDBMS.
We’ve also fixed the html escaping in the newly introduced comment toolstips and also added html tags on the extinfo comment table cells in the Classic UI. CSV export has been extended for all options in Availibity Reports. It is now possible to hide initial state and current state log entries in showlog.cgi.
Icinga Web features a new task in Admin panel – you can now directly clear the cache if having changed underlaying configuration. The static urls are working again, next to several fixes on Postgresql schema. The main cronk now shows the correct number of items in Postgresql and Oracle (API group by fix), and the datetime format has been fixed too next to preventing free edit of language preferences.
Icinga Docs has been updated too – fixed PNP install, epn support, added cgiurl hint to nagios-plugins install, hint for safe_mode=off for PHP 5.3, hint for selinux in IDOUtils Quickstart and last but not least added more info on plugin usage.
Download Icinga 1.2.1 and keep up with reporting back any issues/feedback/feature requests! =)